The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name,In life we loved you dearly,in death we do the same.It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone.For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide,And though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same,But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.
--Author Unknown--

Friday, March 14, 2008

From Debbie:

Grandma made the best fudge and divinity and other assorted Christmas candies.She spent a lot of time making candy for our Christmas celebrations. She took me (and Scott too I think) to Sunday School at her belovedChurch of Christ that she attended religiously every Sunday that she was able.We used to chew Dentyne gum after church.It was a Grandma thing.I could count on a bowl of ice cream from her unending supply in her freezer.I seem to recall that Black Walnut was one of her favorites. When I think of Letha Williams, my Grandma, I think of forgiveness.She has forgiven many in her life including me, for not knowing how to show love. Included here I want to touch gently heracceptance and forgiveness of her ex-husband Lee andhis wife, Leota. Letha forgave them both and in the later yearsshe and Leota were part of all our family gatherings. I'm sure more memories will bubble to the surface in the coming days.

Love,Debbie

No comments: